Measuring tool

What’s New in Trading 212 PRO – October Monthly Digest

In the last two months, we’ve been hard at work adding some new features and upgrading parts of our design. We’ve also been paying attention to your requests for new trading instruments where stocks have seen an increase in interest, so we’ve responded with more additions. Here are the main improvements we’ve made in September and October.

 New European stocks available for trading

New European Stocks

While we do have an extensive list of US stocks available in the platform, European stocks have been somewhat underrepresented. Our last several updates have been with Swiss, Danish and Austrian stocks and we’ve completed the list from those countries, throwing in some French and Finnish companies.

Here is the complete list:

Air France KLM SA

AP Moeller – Maersk A/S

Carlsberg A/S

Coloplast A/S

Continental AG

Danske Bank A/S

Fortum Oyj

KONE Corporation

Neste Oil Corporation

Nokia Oyj

Novo Nordisk A/S

Novozymes A/S

Royal KPN N.V.

Royal Philips NV

Sampo Oyj

Stora Enso Oyj

Telekom Austria AG

UPM-Kymmene Corporation


Measuring Tool

Measuring tool

One of our new drawing tools is live and will help those of you who need to take a closer look at an important period on the chart. It can be activated from the button located below the crosshair on the right-hand side of the platform.

The tool itself is used by clicking on a point on the chart and forming a rectangle covering the targeted area. The end result is a highlighted area with eight points that can be moved to fit around the exact period you prefer.

Usually traders employ it to see when an important change happened for the instrument, like the test of a support and/or resistance, or if a range has been formed. It provides a box with data about the difference (in points, pips and percentages), the high and low, as well as the number of candles (if a candle chart is used). Instead of trying to remember all those numbers you can get them quickly with an easy few clicks. It can remain on the chart as long as you need it, so if you need to take a look at that period again, you just go back to the highlighted period.


New chart icons

New Chart icons

Another smaller change can seem subtle at first, but as it’s for something used constantly by all of our users, we’ve given it extra attention. The chart icons on the upper left side are now larger and easier to distinguish and click on. The indicator icon (second from right to left) has a new design and reflects the entry and exit points that all indicators try to provide.

Let us know what you think about our new additions in the comments below. As always we welcome any new suggestions for all aspects of the platform for both its web and mobile versions.

14 thoughts on “What’s New in Trading 212 PRO – October Monthly Digest

  1. good stuff! I’m going to make a account with you guys sometime next year, can you confirm that the layout and the general process of the real account is the same as the practice account?

    1. Pleased to hear you’ve chosen us for a real account! The two types of accounts are identical, but we do make occasional additions and improvements to both for which we notify users through messages.

  2. I would like to suggest a countdown counter for the candle (or whichever chart type used) so as you are aware exactly when a candle is formed.

    I also do not know whether you have this feature or not but I would like to be able to close my positions in percentages. ie, close 75% of a position and have the other 25% running.

    1. Hi Daniel,
      we’ve included the candle counter in the requests for the development team. In the meantime, you can use the clock on the bottom left to get a sense of when the candles are formed and when they end.

      Closing positions in percentages is also something we’ve forwarded to our colleagues. At the moment, you can only close positions at certain price levels or at certain profit or loss amounts. This is done from the Modify position window which can be opened by clicking anywhere on the open position at the bottom of the screen. This is valid in hedging mode.

      If you were to switch to the aggregating mode you’d have only one position per instrument and manage it more easily in terms of increasing or decreasing a position. You can change to aggregating mode from Settings->Trading modes in the top left corner. Switching can be done when there are no open positions and pending orders.

  3. What do you think about Romanian stocks ? Are you planning to add some important companies such as TransGaz,Rompetrol etc. ?
    Waiting your answer.
    Thank you

    1. Hello Stefan,
      we’ve sent your request to our trading department. Usually trading instruments are added if a large number of requests accumulate for them.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.